Sarah Jean Fry, An Actor's Journey

Monday, February 05, 2007

Caffeine free - Prince Too!

Nearly a month later, it was time to give you the update. I am still caffeine free mostly.

Last Wednesday night, I ordered a tea I hadn't tried and didn't consider the caffeine content. LOL! I had a cold and was very, very tired and just wanted to sleep. I'm one of those people who can go to sleep nearly any where, any time when I'm tired, but Wednesday night I could not sleep. At 2am (which was Thursday morning), I finally started to doze a bit. Then I sat straight up and bed and said,"It was the tea! It had caffeine!" I felt much better and drifted off to sleep.

I don't even have any wants for coffee. I think at some point we just decide to quit and we're done. It really took me a year and two months to finally decide, but I decided for good this time. I don't miss the stomach aches that coffee used to give me. I don't miss the ups and downs of needing the caffeine occasionally in the middle of the day. I don't miss feeling the need to roll out of bed every morning and head to Star Bucks. It's great being free!

I feel great most mornings, and honestly, the fog lifts more quickly just by breathing and moving around. Most mornings, I wake up clear now.

Prince performed at the Super Bowl last night. He was excellent as always! I remember seeing him in an interview years ago. He said he did not put drugs of any kind in his body. And the interviewer looked at him in amazement and said,"Not even caffeine." Prince said,"No drugs of any kind." That stuck with me. And while I was watching him last night at half time, I thought to myself,"Prince. Me, too, now. Me, too!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home