Sarah Jean Fry, An Actor's Journey

Saturday, February 03, 2007

Sprinting on Hollywood Boulevard

So, I had an audition in Hollywood last week.

From my parking spot, I could see the Renaissance Hotel , you know - the one connected to the Kodak Theatre...where the Ocars will be held in a few weeks. I loved the view from my parking spot! The fact that it was only a block away from the casting office was a happy thought, too!

Walking up to the casting office, I felt great. Everything was going well and this audition was going to be fun. We had been called in as "biz casual," which I thought meant Hollywood biz casual. LOL! So, I dressed biz casual not business casual. I was the only one in jeans and felt great! I definitely stood out. I was the only one with long hair...and the only redhead in the crowd, too. It all worked for me.

I had a great audition. It felt great. I really liked the casting assistant and the camera person. These were wonderful perks!

I left feeling great! I stepped out and it started to pour rain in big drops from seemingly nowhere. All of sudden, my great parking space only a block away seemed far away. So, I found myself sprinting in my Stuart Weitzman suede shoes and my silk sweater down Hollywood Boulevard! I heard someone whistle as I went racing by. It made me laughed. I wish I had a picture!

I jumped in to my car and watched the rain pummel my windshield. I laughed again and had a wonderful moment! I took one more look at the Renaissance Hotel and headed home.

What a great day! Some days, no matter what, you’re going to have a great day!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home