Sarah Jean Fry, An Actor's Journey

Friday, July 13, 2007

Warmth of a Casting Director

I was on the NBCU lot on Wednesday (July 11, 2007). It was the best time of my week. I love being on that lot and love having access to drop off headshots both for myself and a few of my friends.

Tuesday evening a friend emailed me and said there was a part on Ghost Whisperer for which she'd like me to drop her headshot at the casting office. I was glad to do it.

So, Wednesday late afternoon, I headed to the Ghost Whisperer casting. I've been in that building a couple other times, but find it difficult to find the casting office once inside the building. Everyone over there has always been very helpful and kind helping me find my way. On this particular day, I was passing the post production office and one of the guys jumped up and offered to help me find the casting office.

He asked me if I was auditioning. I appreciated that he asked, and of course, I said no that I was just here to drop off a headshot. He took me right in to Liz Lang. She greeted me very warmly and asked me what I needed. I offered the headshot and she took it.

Though it was a simple 15 second exchange, I experienced Liz as one of the warmest people I've met in the industry. It made my day and helped me remember that casting directors can be and are kind and warm people.

You don't know me yet, Liz, but thank you for being you and thanks for making my day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home